I’ve been using the scutsheets on medfools.com and they’ve been incredibly helpful when rounding and presenting during my internal medicine rotation. I couldn’t help but eventually design my own. I call it my FUTURA scutsheet for IM!
- The Futura typeface is used to highlight the balance of form and function (nice clean geometry vodka)
- The point size of 9 was used because it’s not-too-freaking-small nor wastefully-big
- No lines in major sections to accommodate any-sized handwriting
- Checkboxes for automatic to-do-lists
- Folded half-sheet design for portability and one-handedness; folding in half also allows other side to be free space to write a full admission H&P
- 6 hospital days chosen because the average length of stay is 4.9 (males: 5.3, females: 4.6 according to the CDC)
- Zebra striping for security, comfort, and peace of mind (tr:nth-child(2n+1))
Enjoy internal medicine! Ha!